All children have access to a wide range of learning experiences.
There are opportunities for the children to take part in music and movement, PE, science experiments, cooking, gardening and French lessons.
At Graffham Nursery we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum based on the underlying principles of a unique child, developing positive relationships within an enabling environment, promoting individual learning and development.
The curriculum includes the Prime areas of Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language, and Physical Development. The Specific areas include Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding of the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
All areas of the curriculum are both supported by and developed through child initiated learning and teacher-led activities. (Planning and access to the curriculum is designed to support the individual needs of every child attending the nursery). We have adopted the ‘planning in the moment’ practice.
A Typical Day:
- 9.00 Free Flow activities both inside and outside
- 9.30 Activities. The children have access to the nursery classroom, Reception class and outside areas. Rolling snack.
- 11.30 Circle time, which includes singing, musical instruments, stories, rhyming, show and tell
- 12.00 – 13.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Free flow activities outside and inside. Walks into the woods, use of the climb-around
- 14.15 Group snack
- 14.40 Circle time
- 15.00 Home time for all children